Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Throwdowns!!

A few of my friends and I got to check out The Throwdowns perform at Pipeline Cafe for their CD release party this past Friday night. I had heard of them before but never checked out their music. I did a little research and found out they're from Maui but the lead singer, Erin Smith, is from Canada.. I think that would explain my new found love of this girls voice.. She's a mix of Gwen Stefani and The Gossip but with this crazy mix of Hawaii in the music that makes you sway from side to side (you know the bounce I'm talking about). Hipster music mixed with Hawaiian sounds.. I never would have thought it would make sense, but The Throwdowns definitely make it jam! Recently signed to the ADA/Warner label, they were selling their 8-song CD, one of which they gave to me (thank goodness), titled "Don't Slow Down" hasn't left my CD player since I got it. I highly recommend the purchase if you're wanting to re-invent your music collection. And now, I leave you with a few shots from the night from my trusty little camera.





And the obligatory self portrait friend shot.. I'm really good at these...


..for the music in our hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment