Thursday, May 27, 2010

Maui Fever!!

I get a call from my agency, Kathy Muller, to confirm that I got a Westin Maui job.. AWESOMENESS.. AND that it's a 2-day photoshoot.. double awesomeness!! Got my ticket information and began talking with the stylist/makeup artist on what to bring in case what they have didn't work out.. Night before I leave, I'm attempting to pack everything into my Paul Frank duffle bag and put vials of all my liquids into a 3 ounce container or less.. OK, if you know me, you know I tend to bring full-sized everything, so the fact I'm trying to not check in a bag and put everything up to TSA standards took some major talent on my part. Needless to say, I was able to fit everything asked of me and all my toiletries in that little ziploc baggie..

I get to the lovely Westin Maui and get leid and a flower upon check-in.. I never get tired of those traditions...


Spotted were beautiful flamingo's hanging out in the "lobby".. only in Hawaii...


My first shoot isn't until 7:30pm that night, so I get to relax poolside enjoying the resort.. talk about the model lifestyle..


The first shoot entailed me laying underneath these water jets in a "steam room" with my stomach to the table, barebacked.. It felt amazing.. I was getting paid to get a water massage for this shoot?! But here's the catch.. Try doing it for about an hour and a half, looking "pretty and peaceful" and in the same position for almost 2 hours. It slowly started feeling like chinese water torture! Model work is tough I tell you! We wrap day 1 around 10pm and I headed back to my room and munched on well deserved beef jerky, fig newtons, and hot chocolate.. what a dinner!

Day 2 had a 7am call time on the beach.. It was just me and my lone little cabana enjoying the nonstop summer weather (after we waited for the clouds and rain to pass):



We decide it was better to grab an early lunch and continue the shoot after since it was taking awhile for the clouds to roll by.. Free Ukulele lesson anyone?


The sun finally came out and in full shinyness.. We nailed the shot!


Moved onto shot number 2 for the day, which took place at this waterfall.. My bathing suit was inspired by the 50's.. can you tell? Daryl is the art director behind the scenes.. he's awesome.. Side note: I tried keeping my eyes open, smiling and looking happy in the pictures, but it was so difficult since the sun was on full blast.. hoping they got at least one good picture!




...taking pretty pictures to last a lifetime..

No comments:

Post a Comment