Monday, May 17, 2010

Sex and the Shoe...

A couple years ago, Pearl Ultralounge hosted a contest titled Sex and the Shoe. Every Thursday for about a month, girls entered the contest with the cutest shoes they own to model on stage and for the judges of various backgrounds (shoe store owners, fashion industry types, boutique entrepreneurs, etc.) to select their favorite shoes and how well you really sell the idea that you have THE BEST shoes out there.. Anyways, I ended up winning my preliminary round AND the finale!! They were the cutest shoes from Laundry by Shelli Segal with a mixture of soft velvet bluish/turquoise and purple with this awesome brown brooch embellishment on the top with a peep-toe opening.. unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the premiere party with the whole shbang with a limo ride, red carpet, all the glitz and glamour because I went out of town. Did I mention you win a pair of Manolo Blanik's too?! SOOOOOO, lucky me, I get a second chance!! Sex in the City is coming out with their second movie and Pearl is having another contest! I competed for the first Thursday available just in case I couldn't make any of the other Thursdays for the month of May.. They also allow you to come back to compete if you didn't win for another try, so in the event I didn't win, I had the opportunity to come back and try again with another pair the following week.

BUT I did WIN!! First place too!! I wore these super cute Betsey Johnson's that have patiently been waiting in it's hot pink box for the perfect time to be placed on my feet. I thought it was appropriate for a shoe contest to wear these little beauties.. Good thing because it won me a pair of Deuces Hawaii pink satin shoes, Fashionista's Market swag, and other goodies AND to compete in the finale that's to take place June 3rd! Let me tell you, there's some competition out there.. WAY too many cute shoes and my little Betsey Johnsons are afraid.. They've done me good so far.. wonder if I should purchase a new pair for fun??

The winning shoe for the May 13th competition.. my sweet little Betsey's:


There's some stiff competition and some of those girls have got moves to show off their little toes like you wouldn't believe.. Thinking maybe I should purchase one of these cute Christian Louboutin's for safety?? Or MAYBE I'm looking for an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes.. I'm thinking it's the latter...

Presenting... The Studio:


The Tahiti:


I don't even think you can purchase these particular shoes anymore.. any idea where I can?! The Very Prive Peep-Toe:


...For those Manolo Blanik's...

No comments:

Post a Comment