Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stand-Up Paddling!!

I love the water... absolutely enamored by the way it refreshes you on those hot 365 summer days we have here in Hawaii.. (don't be jealous).. So when the producer for Hawaii HI-Lights asked if I would stand-up paddle for a segment on the show, I jumped on it.. AND Igan Inoue would be our instructor! BONUS.. a professional would be giving me the 101.. I brought along my friend Yvonne Midkiff to share the experience and she was just as happy as I was to get our feet wet.. literally... We met up at Kaimana Beach at the end of Waikiki and got a pre lesson on safety, the correct way to hold the paddle, and how our stance should be once on the board.. If you want to see how I held up, you're going to have to watch the show.. I did walk away with an awesome gash on my left foot.. I do my own stunts...




...sunkissed by the shining sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment