Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ooklah the Moc!!

Ooklah the Moc gave an outstanding performance at The Shack in Waikiki.. They've been around for awhile and if you live in Hawaii, you've probably at least heard of them. I knew they were a Hawaiian band mixed with reggae but hadn't really listened to the songs and felt the vibes.. They definitely know how to get the packed crowd swaying from side to side and I heard a few "cheeeee huuuuuuu's" from the concert go-ers, which for some reason always makes me smile when I hear it.. I think people forget I'm from the mainland and these little things unique to Hawaii, still give that spark that I live in Hawaii.. Needless to say, we caught the first set for Hawaii HI-Lights because we figured, why not feature a well known band in Hawaii worthy of some air-time and hopefully more national recognition.. I'm not even a huge fan of the Hawaiian-Reggae genre, but if you get the chance to catch them at a show, stop and give your ear, you won't be disappointed..

Big Koa giving the introduction to the night's festivities:


I got to interview lead singer Jimbo!


Group shot!


..for the music that makes us smile..

No comments:

Post a Comment