Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Watersports...

I don't really do watersports so much, mostly because I've just never tried.. BUT I got the opportunity to try a variety of water activities at the Hawaii Watersports Center located in Hawaii Kai on the east side of Oahu... I brought along my friends Heidi and Rita to partake in the sun, water, and duh, FUN!!!

First up was wakeboarding.. I forgot my camera for this particular segment BUT this is what I looked like:

*photo courtesy of wakegirls.com

Ok, maybe I didn't get crazy and 'bout it, 'bout it like that, BUT for a first-timer I stood up each and every time I tried and for a long while! DOMINATION if you will.. You can check out episode 5 of Hawaii HI-Lights for the coverage if you're doubting me.. I will say that the second time I stood up for a good minute or so I faceplanted pretty hard, so hard the water took my board right off my feet and I had to swim to put it back on under the water!! Really testing my stamina here... BUT it was pretty amazing and I'd definitely try it again..

Next up was bumper tubing! Again, never tried this before. It's basically a way to get those on this circular tube to fall off while going at mach speeds by whipping the boat around from side to side and if you're not holding on to dear life, you're done for. The middle was supposed to be the safest spot but Rita had a hard time holding on and each time either me or Heidi ended up in the water, Rita was right there with us. I must say that we gave the boat driver a hard time trying to knock us off.. Because we're awesome..


Lastly, we tried banana boating! It's looks super mellow and fun right? WRONG.. Well it was fun, BUT again, like bumper tubing, it was just trying to get us OFF that banana while making you bounce up and down... ummmm.. yeah.. bouncing.. It was pretty entertaining I'm sure.. we decided to ride backwards for a short while to change it up.. recommend for sure..


All in a days work to film, hang with the girlfriends, and tan in the sun on the back of a boat..


...sunkissed by the Hawaiian sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment