Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cirque Du Culture...

I love doing runway shows.. it's such a fun adrenaline rush to get out on stage and model fabulous clothing, especially when it's a one of a kind piece made by local designers.. Obviously the idea is to hopefully produce multiple clothing pieces, but at the time, it's the only one in existence.. I was asked to do the Cirque Du Culture show in combination with the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation.. This organization hits me personally so I was excited to be a part of it. The fashion event showcased local designers in Hawaii with an eye for couture, style, and creativity with a circus theme. Obviously, there's some prep time for a fashion show.. even though the whole shebang lasts about ten minutes, it takes hours to get ready.. Hair.. Makeup.. Wigs (if necessary).. Accessories.. Shoes.. all the little details to make a grand show..

Some pre-show backstage pictures:




Check out the high ponytail I got and crazy blue eye shadow, Loke did a good job on my makeup!!


My designer was Jodi Salmonson, who lives in Kailua and is a graduate of the University of Hawaii's Fashion Design Program.


On stage pose:


I'm loving the vintage looking swimsuits made by Suzanna Kuhlemann! (How fierce is this girl?!)


I even got to share the stage with Anya Rozova, the runner-up of the tenth cycle of America's Next Top Model.. She's got an awesome walk.. (from what I could see from our backstage view).


Post show photo sesh:



After the show, part of the event package was a private viewing with all the attendees to watch Sex and the City 2 at Dole Cannery! What a perfect ending to the night..

...couture, fierce, fashion.. life..

*photos by Mark Ramelb Photography, unless noted (backstage pics from my personal camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment