Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Counter.. Trying To Be A Foodie...

So I've been having to film some restaurant segments for Hawaii HI-Lights.. we basically go to different restaurants and learn about their style of cooking, unique drink concoctions, and talk to the staff about their line of business.. It's crazy to think this whole process occurs behind the kitchen doors of a restaurant for two meals when we film, when in a lunch rush the kitchen staff is in control of thirty meals (or more) to get out to hungry customers.. Much respect I tell you.. Anyways, it gives me the opportunity to check out different restaurants and sample their food!! I get to film, learn how to make new libations, AND eat the food?!?! BUT, sometimes this may require me to cook my own food.. THAT I'm not so sure I'm stoked about.. It gets pret-ty hot back there at an industrial sized grill!!

The Counter specializes in creating 312,120+ different burger combinations making every burger as unique as each customer. Rarely is the same burger made twice in one day.

Getting taught how to make a lychee-tini!!

Big Koa had some cooking to do.. luckily, he was the hands behind the grill.. (I can't let the heat affect my voluminous hairdo!)

After our burger dishes were cooked, it was time to sample the food! Sharing is caring!!

Group shot.. Thanks Glenda and Sam!


EXTRA BONUS BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE:


..I.. Love.. Food..

No comments:

Post a Comment