Monday, June 14, 2010

Manolo Blahniks!!

So a couple weeks back I blogged about a shoe contest called Sex and the Shoe.. The finals for the contest was June 3rd at Pearl Ultralounge where the 6 girls who won over a period of 3 separate weeks (1st and 2nd place) came together to compete once more for those precious Manolo Blahnik's among other prizes.. I'm not going to lie, I was anxious for the night and wasn't sure my little Betsey's had what it took to win it all.. Of the 6 girls competing, I knew 2 others, my friend Giselle and my co-worker/friend Kate. I was third in line to go up on the stage and show my stuff and work my little toes off. I've done a million fashion shows on that stage and for some reason doing this contest made me a little nervous and I didn't even have to show my face because we hide our faces behind a pink umbrella so the judges would pay attention to our legs/shoes..


Here it was.. the moment our feet had been waiting for.. Announcing the top 3 winners.. Giselle got 2nd runner up with her black chunky jeweled Sam Edelman heels! 1st runner up went to a girl donning Paris Hilton heels that were black and a bow on each side of the shoe. First place and winner of THE MANOLO BLAHNIKS!!! Brigitte Patton!! WHAT?! I won?! Yup, that was my name they called!! OMG! I got my crown for the night (literally wore a little rhinestoned tiara), picked up my prizes which consisted of gift certificates from Fashionista's Market, Sephora, and some other goodies, AND 24 white roses.. I was told my grand prize shoes would be given to me at a separate party put on by sponsor Skyy Vodka the following week where a limo would pick me up and take me to the celebration! EXCITED!!




Time arrived for the big day.. enter my H2 limo ride to Dole Cannery which is where Skyy Vodka was having their Sex and the City/Sex and the Shoe festivities... I had no clue the limo was going to be an H2 Hummer.. What a surprise! Totally arrived in style..



Upon entering the ballroom, I was greeted with movie tickets to watch Sex and the City.. again.. good thing I don't mind fashion and the movies.. Also provided were boas and fedora hats to get in the fashionable groove.. I chose a white and gold boa for my outfit.. Enter the ballroom doors.. It seriously felt like Prom night! Snapped a few shots with friends and proceeded through..


I was completely amazed at how nice the party was set up! They had a candy bar, fruit bar, sushi, dim sum, crab cakes.. and everything tasted so good!! Did I mention it was open bar?! I kept drinking a concoction called The Sophisticate which had the X-Rated liquer with champagne and raspberries.. oh so tastey..



THEN.. it was Manolo Blahnik time.. all the other finalists received shoes that night too!! My name was called to come up on stage for presentation of the grand prize.. I was given my first new pair of Manolo's!! The Corslace.. And the name is exactly how the shoe was designed.. the heel has a corset going up the back and the top and ankle parts are covered in black lace.. So vintage!! Love it!




On stage pose of the winning shoes! My Betsey Johnson's!!


Of course what kind of night would it be if I didn't have some sort of mini photoshoot with my surroundings?? This is my party pose..


..my feet will now rest on $765 worth of pure bliss..

*event photos by Mark Ramelb and Elliot Takane.

1 comment:

  1. yay! thanks for making it easy for me to get good pics :) ... congrats again! elliot

    ReplyDelete