Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vintage Modern Decor.. Part 2...

A few months ago I wrote about decorating my new apartment.. I'm still in the process and never feel quite satisfied where everything is placed or how it looks.. I constantly find myself staring at the corners or blank walls wondering if something in my room would look better in the den (which I converted into a second bedroom for company, but still wanted it to look like a hangout spot) or vice versa.. I'm still searching on the internet for ideas and things are finally starting to come into place.. Here are a few ideas I'm lurking at the moment...

How beautiful is this entry way?? I already have the giant mirror but mine is gold and I just bought some large frames to put on the sides... unfortunately my entryway is a little smaller than this one, but I wonder if my apartment can pull off the naked lamp lady... hmmmm...
*Photo via Kravitz Design Projects


I'm patiently waiting for Ikea to stock up on their floating shelves, particularly the white ones like the one in the picture, but my patience is running extremely thin..
*Photo via Desire to Inspire


I love the random cluttery-ness of this space with the suitcases and cowhide carpet on the floor.. I've decided I need more space in my apartment already...
*Photo via Desire to Inspire


All I can say is how furry and fun is this bedroom?! I have a few faux fur throws in the den and living room at the moment and I love it!! Instantly feels glamified!!
*Photo via Chapman Interiors


I have this black desk in the den that isn't the best, but it'll do for now (until I get tired of looking at craigslist postings for a new desk) and I have these dark brown floating shelves I have yet to put up, but this is the look I'm going for.. vintage perfect..
*Photo via Chapman Interiors


Lastly, I have a decent sized balcony with a modest table and chair set outside.. BUT I'm loving the lit up branches! I think I can pull this off somehow along with lanterns for late night wine sesh's and movie nights..
*Photo via Suzanne Perkins

I'm still trying my hardest to not just buy the first thing I see that slightly resembles what I want, but waiting until I find the perfect piece so I can say to myself.. THAT'S why I waited.. My next big purchase will be a new dining table, I've never had one before since I moved out of the parents house when I was 18!! It's the little things.. I was happy that the other night I actually built up my brand new entertainment center.. walked away with a few bruises, scratches, and a sore back from pushing the box to the door of my apartment.. thing weighed a ton!

...staying inspired by pretty images that make me smile to make my apartment a home...

No comments:

Post a Comment