Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Team Edward vs. Team Jacob...

I'll admit when I first heard about the Twilight Phenomenon I was confused.. A movie about vampires and love? UGH, sounds terrible.. I had no interest... It wasn't until my own brother told me I had to watch it because he knew I would like it.. I gave in, watched it and understood what the hype was all about.. Some actors can just transform themselves completely off the red carpet and onto the big screen into exactly what the character calls for. I'm talking about Rob Pattison.. He was the actor that first got me hooked onto the saga.. Just his overall tensity on film is what is getting all the girls gooey eyed for the star.. I think it helps that he's sparkly in the sun too.. I'm JUST saying...

My friend Alyssa Fung owns Fashionista's Market (as I've probably said in previous posts) and for the last two Twilight movies, New Moon and Eclipse, rented out an entire theater of 500 seats and made a whole event for the movie. The event entails, a movie ticket, t-shirt which states which team you're in (Edward or Jacob), pupu's (appetizers for you mainlanders), contests, and goody bag!

Naturally, all my friends wanted to partake in the fun and make the t-shirts into dresses, rompers, anyway to wear it other than it's intended way of the standard t-shirt..

We had a little fun with the cardboard cutouts of Jacob (the werewolf) and Edward (the vampire):



Post movie poses.. I kept trying to look for the soundtrack information:


We love hanging out at the Fashionista's Market store where the cardboard cutouts were hiding before the movie event... We took advantage of this:


I was asked by Yu Shing Ting of MidWeek if I'd be interested in doing a movie review for Twilight's Eclipse and plug our show Hawaii HI-Lights... She put me in touch with Jessica Goolsby.. To see what me and Nicole had to say about the movie, check out our review on the online version of MidWeek, but you can still pick up a copy until the new edition comes out on Wednesday..

..Team Edward in case you didn't already know...

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Great blog nice images i like it
    Since the advent of the moving picture, America has surely had a fascination with Hollywood and movie stars. This is most clearly seen in the high value of celebrity and movie memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete