Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Neiman Marcus Junior League Charity Fashion Show..

About 20 models took part in the Neiman Marcus fashion show at the Junior League of Honolulu Charity Event this past Saturday. Held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, the events proceeds help the League fund projects that benefit our community.



Nothing like early call times to shock your body on the weekend, wake up those tired eyes, and strut all you've got on the runway. Rehearsals were from 8-9am, 9-12pm we were in hair and makeup. 12:30pm showtime! The event titled "Sacs in the City" featured several donations from Loco Boutique, Coach, Marc Jacobs, Prada, and other designers. I was like a kid in a candy store with all those purses laying around; I wanted to make bids myself! Here are a few shots of our hair and makeup. Makeup was done lightly for a fresh look (Thanks Kate Schuette for letting me take a snapshot of your makeup! What a cute redhead!).. Hair inspired by Nicole Ritchie with a part down the middle and low braids in the back (I liked how my peekaboo blonde bits stuck out).



We had 3 changes each.. Something about seeing those racks full of pretty clothing makes you giddy inside..


I was dying over the jeggings (Joe's Jeans) I wore for my first outfit.. mixed with that heavy studded jacket (Current/Elliott). It's like they reached into my brain and knew my taste...


Outfit number 2 was amazing! I wanted to take that Philip Lim jacket and keep it myself.. Retails for $995 and worth every penny. The gold sequins sparkled and was really comfortable to wear... Did.. Not.. Want.. To.. Take.. It.. Off..


The third outfit was the craziest one.. I think the Marc Jacobs t-shirt threw me off (sketchy Miss Marc label), but when paired with that jacket (St. John) and funky skirt, it kind of flowed together in a sophisticated but I like to take risks kind of way..


We did our finale walk as a group to Lady Gaga's Just Dance.. Never get tired of that song for the runway.. Here's a shot we took right after the show.. love these girls.. Models in Hawaii are one of the most amazing to work with.. Bright, educated, good-hearted girls..


*Runway pics courtesy of Mark Ramelb Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment