Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mad Hatter's Tea Party..

So I have some pretty girly friends and I myself am a self proclaimed girly girl. We used to put together these brunches that occured once a month and were color themed. We had a good run for about a year for these monthly brunches but then we all got super busy and we started running out of colors! For example, our first brunch was a "Pretty in Pink" theme so all the girls wore a variation of the color pink.. we also ALWAYS have cupcakes and some form of a party favor. Pretty much our trademarks. We were able to throw together a brunch this past Sunday with Alice in Wonderland in mind of a Mad Hatter's Tea Party, so everyone had to wear a hat. The cupcakes were Red Velvet with a strawberry jam middle with "Eat Me" written on them! I baked cookies and brownies and put the cookies in these fun little boxes I crafted together with lace, pearls, gold rope, and paper doily. Our lunch place of choice was at the Trump Hotel in Waikiki with the most amazing view ever.. le sigh..











Lastly, I'm loving the old school polaroid pictures and what's more fitting at a proper tea party than to have vintage type pictures?? Not too clear, but you get the idea..


"Sometimes I've believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast..." -Alice in Wonderland

*Photography by Mark Ramelb

No comments:

Post a Comment