Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vitamin D and Sandy Toes...

I crave the sun... there are days where all I want to do is lay on the beach and soak up the rays where it's almost an addictive personality trait.. I never realized how much I appreciated it until I went to snowy cold places where the sun rarely makes a cameo. After living in Hawaii for over 5 years I became so dependent on it.. with the consistent weather I never had to watch the news to find out the daily temperature.. Sunny, 80 degrees with a slight chance of rain (for 10 minutes.. how do you think we get all those rainbows?!) Today for the first time after moving, I went to the beach!! Feeling the sand between my toes was instantly familiar. Not quite the same, but comparable considering what a wonderful day San Diego had. I didn't get to lay out because the plan was just to stroll Coronado, which I had never been before.. my new favorite insta-vacation spot! (blog on that to follow later).. I eagerly await the summer months to roll on by so I can have fun in the sun and get much needed Vitamin D. Until then, I will take these perfect little winter days that give us teasers of the summer...

Coronado Beach at sunset...



...the sunshine makes us happy, it only makes sense to have another reason to smile...

2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic blog! You inspire me.

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Antoinette!! Stopped by your blog too.. fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete