Tuesday, October 26, 2010

EDITION Hotel.. Morimoto.. Loveliness..

I'm so slacking in posting up a ton of stuff I have on my computer.. I blame relocating across 2500 miles and all the things that came with it like packing, and the coordination that comes along with it.. BUT at the same time, I was spending oodles of time with my good friends and piling on the memories... So these next few blogs will probably be dedicated to my last few days in Hawaii.. *tears*

When I got my apartment packed up at the infamous Piikoi Plaza, I had to find a place to stay until I officially left the island. I decided on the new EDITION hotel. I stayed there while they were having their soft opening before the crazy madness kicked in (it felt like my own private hotel because there was barely anyone there) the week after where apparently Christina Aguilera, Whitney Port, and some other fab guests made appearances.. At least I can say I stayed at the boutique hotel before everyone else did and broke the beds in (insert bed jumping picture here from my previous Birthday blog)..

With that said, here's is my honest opinion about the hotel... I love it, it's this perfect feeling that you get when on the mainland, i.e. California, but then you're still in Hawaii and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that feeling.. So many details went into this hotel.. the "smell" that emits from all around which is apparently made specifically for the EDITION (which by the way is the first of about 5 that will eventually be built, the next one is planned for Istanbul) it's this cedar wood mixed with a masculine/feminine sweet smell and I love "wearing it" via lotion, shampoo, and conditioner (yes they provide this in the room).. Other things about the hotel like how they change the set up of the pool at night to beds for lounging rather than pool chairs for tanning.. The fact that my new favorite restaurant, Morimoto, is conveniently located right inside the new gem is definitely a huge selling point (for those that don't know, Morimoto was on Iron Chef and A-Mazing).. What I didn't like is the lack of communication with the hotel. I tried having my Birthday party at Morimoto and it didn't work out because I was tired of communicating and basically having to be the one to call them all the time even when they said they would contact me back.. OH and if you want bathroom privacy, it's a little difficult with the little wood slits that open and close which separate the bathroom to the bedroom (you can hear EVERYTHING).. They have a few kinks here and there but after a few run throughs and some tempermental guests, they will hopefully figure it out.. BUT, this hotel is beautiful and you should check it out if on vacation in Hawaii..

Here are some pictures I snapped at the hotel:









Morimoto's Restaurant (I ate here about 3 times in 1 week):






Breakfast...


Dinner...



Dessert..


Behind a moving bookshelf lies a bar.. the Lobby Bar.. After dinner on my last night, we found ourselves... taking more pictures.. *photos courtesy of Mark Ramelb*



OH and there's a new little loungey club called Crazybox (again, that's going to have to be another blog post since this one is getting lengthy)..

...no matter where my travels take me, I hope to have a comfy pillow under my head to take on the next day...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you mentioned the lack o' bathroom privacy, but you forgot to mention the not so awesome ice service haha overall, a pretty accurate description though ;)

    ReplyDelete