Thursday, October 21, 2010

Birthday Birthday Birthday...

So 2010 has been a pretty crazy year to say the least, so many opportunities and adventures.. I recently celebrated by Birthday at Nobu in Waikiki (you're probably going to read a few more Hawaii posts even though I've moved to San Diego because I have some major catching up to do) and it was definitely a milestone year. I had to celebrate the big day a week early because I was scheduled to be in San Diego for my actual Birthday.. Let's just say that it was amazing.. All my friends came and we had to use up 3 separate tables to hold everyone! The food was super tastey, we ordered pupu's, sushi rolls, tempura, of course I had to have a lychee martini, and to complete the meal, one of my presents comprised of Red Velvet cupcakes from famed Hokulani! I die!! It was definitely a memorable night and I didn't want it to end.. (I'll get to that later).. A big thank you to all my friends for making me super happy as you do everyday, but this night was extra special!

Here are a few pictures from the night thanks to Mark Ramelb and his photog skills...










Since it was SUCH a milestone (I'm not telling you what age I turned.. sorry), I had to have the most perfect Birthday dress.. I actually had a dress made a few months back with the intention of wearing it to another big event, but it wasn't ready in time so I was saving it for another AWESOME occasion.. My Birthday was obviously a good choice! I got the dress from designer Bekah Tuggy off Etsy.. I had Bekah slightly change the neckline from the more straight across look to a deeper sweetheart and I LOVE it! The dress is originally from design label Camilla and Marc and she nailed it, the dress was an exact replica of the original design and for more than half the price! Plus, something always makes me feel good about supporting artists..

SO here's the original Camilla and Marc dress "Elodie Rose":


And here's my version(s).. complete with tiara and cupcake accessories.. and ludicrous friends...



So remember how I said I didn't want the night to end?? I had a little slumber party with a couple of my girlfriends, Heidi and Giselle, at the hotel I was staying in, the brand new EDITION (Don't worry, that deserves a blog post all on its own and I'll get right onto that one next).. We made perfectly good use of the amenities inside the hotel room as well as outside the hotel, while drinking Sophia champagne because it was soooo necessary (room sevenseventeen will never be the same):




And we OBVIOUSLY had to make sure the beds were up to par for our backs:


Needlesstosay, the hotel room met our standards for the first night..

My friends and I are really big into multiple Birthday celebrations too.. We're planning a trip to San Francisco this weekend to continue on the madness... I mean.. duh right? Makes sense.. so bonus for me, I get to hang with my girls Heidi and Giselle AGAIN in SF!! (additional blog post to follow.. they're stacking up, but I'll get to all of them once I get my life situated here in San Diego).

Bay area... HERE WE COME!!

*Photo courtesy of www.bayareasolargroup.com

...somehow each year I age, life gets that much better thanks to those I surround myself with...

1 comment: