Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni's Magic...

So San Diego decided to have a blackout on the same exact night of Fashion's Night Out.. what. a. total. bummer. Literally the whole county and surrounding areas went completely dead around 3:30pm on 8 September.. Power didn't come back on until about 10:30pm for us in Mission Valley, thus completely missing all of FNO.. I'm still upset over it.. whatever.. fashion is everyday right?!

I think today, 13 September 2011, should go down in history as one of the biggest designer sales at Target... What a shopping frenzy it created across the US and worldwide for that matter.. I'm not sure if Target.com delivers internationally, but let me tell you, it took a good hour to even log on to the website this morning.. I was greeted with a "Woof" and message that they were so popular that their site was down but to wait my place and the page would constantly refresh and I would get my chance to peruse the website.. Was I in a "virtual line"?? A website is making me wait my turn to shop?! Seriously?? I went into semi panic mode because all hopes of getting my Missoni luggage I had been pining for was slipping through my keyboard tapping fingers.. I couldn't do anything.. helpless if you will.. Just had to wait out the virtual line and possibly go to the nearest Target on my lunch break to see what was left.

Isn't the ad just beautiful.. kinda makes you smile right??



After about an hour or so I was let into the website which was running pretty slow. I navigated through the pages looking at everything, sometimes re-looking at the items.. Sadly all the luggage items I wanted were beyond sold out.. I did score a couple things that caught my eye...

I'm the newest owner of the following Missoni for Target items.. Officially sometime between 19-24 September when my shipment comes in..

The Missoni black and white zigzag sweater jacket:


The zigzag brown gloves.. sorry about the small picture:


I documented the sad empty shelves at Target.. I figured I'd give it a shot, but 3.5 hours after opening its doors, this is what it looked like.. ransacked.. totally ransacked..




I was texting a friend of mine, Yvonne, and informed her the website was up and down.. she headed to the Target store in Hawaii and said it was just as bad.. women with shopping carts filled with Missoni and fully grown women trying to shimmy themselves into the children's wear.. Luckily she snagged the rainboots.. we both can only hope that they restock the website and shelves so we can get our little fingers on our "Missoni Must Have" list..

I'm still hoping I can get the carry-on swivel luggage (as seen in the picture below - right).. or maybe the 28" larger one available only online.. hmmm decisions, decisions...



...it was like Missoni had performed a magic show and displayed how fast the fashion house was able to make their items disappear..

No comments:

Post a Comment