Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Puppy Love....

We got a new PUPPY!! this post isn't about fashion, music, or travel, BUT she's the cutest thing EVER! Growing up we had two West Highland White Terriers, also known as Westies and so ever since it's the only dog I've ever wanted.. Just a matter of waiting until the right time and the right place that allows pets. She was born March 24 2011, so she's just over 13 weeks old. Let me tell you, it feels like I just gained a kid. Always worrying about her, hoping she's eating and drinking enough, making sure she's not hurting herself or being mischievious around the apartment.. Twice she's managed to break out of her pen area we leave her in when we're gone for long hours of the day for work. This way she can roam around and *fingers crossed* utilizes the puppy pads instead of the actual floor. Potty training her has been a process but she has learned quick what being outside means.. just a few accidents here and there, but overall after only one week, she's made a vast improvement.. Way better than that first night where the walk lasted two hours where nothing happened just to have her come inside.. to pee.. awesome.. She is one smart puppy and so happy she's a part of our lives now!!

I'm that girl who busts out with pictures of the new puppy as if she's a child.. sorry, I'm sure that will pass.. eventually..

Introducing Coconut!! Still determing her official Continental Kennel Club name (she's pure bred).. thinking something along the lines of Coconut Le Coco.. These were taken with camera phones so it's not the best, but isn't she beautiful?!?!



She likes to play with her reflection...


Exploring...


She sleeps with the crate as her pillow..



She kinda looks like a mini polar bear here..


I guess the floor is more comfortable? (We also tried the puppy litter.. didn't work for this little girl)


She is one ball of energy and manages to save the majority of it for about 10:30pm.. Love that little puppy so much already..

...puppies make everything better in life...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Yvonne!! She's a handful and a half but super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember thinking...Man, I don't know if we can handle this...BUT...puppyhood will flash by so fast and she'll become just one handful...haha. My vet said, you can never take too many pictures when they are puppies and its so true! I feel like I didn't take enough to give my puppy's cuteness enough justice, esp with me in the pic with her...(they are all of her and her dad). Rima and I look at puppy pics nowadays and say that we don't remember her being that adorable back then...I guess we were too preoccupied with training and cleaning up shi shi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I read your comment about taking enough puppy pictures, I've been thinking about it more.. I need more pics with me and her in it!! haha! She's already growing up so fast! But yes, there are times I'm super exhausted and having to take her out with one eye open and being conscious of her feeding times and it's like, what did we get ourselves into?! haha! But she's learning, slowly but surely.. I'm hoping her bladder gets better! haha!

    ReplyDelete