Thursday, July 7, 2011

Movie Magic...

I was cast in a film called "You May Not Kiss the Bride" awhile back by an independent film company based out of Hawaii called Hawaii Film Partners. The film stars Katharine McPhee, Dave Annable, Rob Schneider, Tia Carrere, Mena Suvari, Kathy Bates, and a few other notable actors. I originally auditioned for the part that ended up being casted to Tia Carrere. I wasn't that disappointed that it went to the Wayne's World beauty, but they liked me enough to keep me and have me for the role of "Tahitian Counter Girl". I'm basically the girl that Dave Annable's character and Katharine McPhee come to for help when booking a flight.. it's a silly scene and we had a good time filming it! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had on set. I was actually treated like real talent! My own trailer, transport vehicle to the set to/from my trailer, first dibs at food, hair/makeup all provided.. if you've worked on set, you know how valuable these things are. The fact I had people running to get me coffee in the morning was mind boggling.. I got the whole sh-bang out of it too, attending the welcome breakfast where everyone runs through and reads the entire script together, kick off party that took place at Nobu in Waikiki, and the wrap party held at Oceans Club in Honolulu. I appreciated every second that I was there and super happy the film is coming up from it's indie roots and making its way to theaters. For now it has limited showings. It was recently featured at the Sonoma Film Festival and will soon have a special premiere in Hawaii in September. Word on the street is that it'll air overseas awaiting backing from a major film company to be released fully in the U.S. Fingers crossed it's coming to a theater near you very soon!!

Here are some pictures from the kick-off party..







Filming debut...



My very own stand-in.. she was blonde though.. not an exact match, but close!




Monkey business in my trailer...




Wrap party pics.. there was a camera guy walking around taking a ton of pics.. I need to track that dude down.. I didn't take a whole lot, but here are the few I did.. Heidi was my hot date...





Here's a screen shot from the film with me and Rob Schneider..



Poster!!



BONUS!! The trailer just came out for the film!! Yours truly made it to the trailer too!!



...being able to be part of the "biz" with such great stars and people who do this on a daily basis is truly magical...

2 comments:

  1. You are REAL Talent silly ;) This is sooo awesome! IMDB Here she comes! Hair pic with Rob...Classic! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks darlin'!! Right?! IMDB!! Love it! They were a fun bunch!

    ReplyDelete