Sunday, November 7, 2010

Romantic Wishes... Decor..

So I'm moving into my new apartment here in San Diego and I have this blank palette to decorate. I'm slightly overwhelmed by the new space because I can do whatever I want and there's so much to do that I don't know where to start. I'm still waiting for my household goods to arrive from Hawaii (whenever that will be) and until then I'm picturing where things will go as I sit on my empty living room carpeted floor staring at the walls. I know I want to stick with romanticism, vintage, rustic, yet all modernized. I've been collecting pictures for inspiration for awhile now and I only have a few on my computer that I actually saved (the others are packed away on a disk). But to give you an idea of what I'm trying to go for, take a gander:

Living room...



Bedroom...





Although I do have a walk in closet now (big deciding factor when deciding on where to live), these are some dream closets to swoon over...



Dining room area (I've never had a dining room area and my brain is swirling with ideas but this one is my favorite by far)...


These are some other random ideas I thought were pretty for those "empty" areas of the apartment:



I've been making myself not buy everything I love and making sure I'm picking pieces that are nothing less than perfect to put in my new home. I've already hit up Ikea, Bed Bath & Beyond, Anthropologie, and Target, but it's taking real strength to wait to make some purchases... Can't wait to get into full decoration mode!!

...living in my own dreamy space..


*I honestly can't remember where all these pictures came from because I originally wanted to save them as inspirations, so if you see a pic of yours and want credit, let me know!

1 comment: