Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Nation's Capital...

The week I started my new job here in San Diego I was notified I'd have to travel to Washington, DC for orientation.. Basically a meet and greet with the people who head our organization with the audit service. It was a little soon to be traveling to the east coast considering I had just moved 2500 miles across the Pacific ocean to my new state about 2 days prior.. And I already had planned for my San Francisco trip.. Turned out that I had to leave Monday, the day after I got back from SF.. Talk about not sitting still! I have actually been to DC a bunch of times for work before so it's nice to revisit the area. I always stay in Old Town in Alexandria, VA because it feels like a quaint little town lined with boutique shops, antique stores, Irish pubs, and restaurants for everyone's appetite. This area lights up when the holidays near because they decorate the streets.. It's also a convenient walk to the metro which is the public transportation that will take you everywhere you'll need to go in the vicinity which is perfect because I hate driving there. Work did have me driving to the Washington Naval Yard everyday which wasn't terrible because I got a perfect view of the Capitol and Washington monument.. Those monuments always make me smile and somehow feel great about being an American..

Pics for your viewing pleasure..







An absolute fabulous thrift store is Current Boutique.. I found a ruffley Calvin Klein jacket in white at this little gem of a place for about $30... best find ever!


One of my favorite restaurants I like to stop at is Le Pain Quotidien.. Yummy goodness in the Salmon Tartine form:



Hummus anyone?


I didn't take any new monument pictures, mostly because I have already done that a couple of times.. so here's old ones of my favorites, but they pretty much stay the same in case you were wondering..





...Proud to be an American...

No comments:

Post a Comment