Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting Cultured at the Getty Museum....

For Easter weekend I headed north to Los Angeles to catch up with friends and family (as previously stated in my brief Easter post).. I got to see my (great) Aunt and Uncle I hadn't seen for at least 3-4 years.. one of the perks to moving back to the mainland, actually being close to family again! They were non stop and wanted to take me everywhere! It was not what I was expecting.. I was thinking we would just hangout at home and watch some TV.. maybe even play some mahjong.. we are asian. Easter morning we headed to church and I hadn't been to a proper Catholic church in awhile but somehow the prayers came back to me and all the logistics of what "to do" during mass. After we decided to head to the Getty Museum.. I had never been before and was super excited!! The museum itself lies up high on this hill overlooking LA.. utterly beautiful.. Take a gander...






I had no idea what to expect once inside the museum.. It's been quite awhile since I had felt like I was on a field trip touring a castle or museum.. The Getty Museum was magnificent.. I have a bunch of images and here are a few of my favorites.. (sorry that the color/sharpness isn't the greatest, they didn't allow flash and I was relying on my tiny Sony camera)..



These were Pilgrim flasks.. They obviously knew what was up..


Vintage heaven...










French Tapestries... My Aunt likes to take pictures.. definitely related..



Onward to the Roman Empire...


Lady Gaga is not the original hair bow wearer...




This looks like a shot that was planned for a fashion editorial... This man was dressed to the nine's...


This painting was titled "The Model Resting"... Took the picture for obvious reasons..


The detail was amazing..



Larger than life...


A little ode to Easter..


Good day with family... Check out the Getty Museum if you're ever in LA.. They have rotating artworks so it's not always the same!


...family is forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment